The perma Classic is an electrochemical lubricator that delivers optimal lubrication to machine elements such as rolling element bearings and chains. The perma Classic provides reliable grease dispensing for the lubrication of a single point and is an economical alternative to manual greasing.
The Perma Classic the largest selling automatic lubricator in the world today. The design of the Perma Classic is simple and robust, providing a reliable and easy to use automatic lubricator.
The lubricator comprises two primary components: 1) Grease canister and 2) Activating screw. After activation gas accumulates in a sealed chamber and progressively forces the lubricant from the lubricator.
The rate of grease dispensing is governed by the activator type uses (Type 1, 3, 6 or 12) and the operating conditions, in particular the average ambient temperature at the point of installation. The activator screws are calibrated such that a Type 1 activator will dispense the grease in approximately 1 month when the average ambient temperature is 20ºC (type 3 in 3 months and so on).
Performance Features and Benefits:
- Compact and robust for reliability in harsh operating conditions. The "flexi-cone" connection point can withstand impacts and knocks
- Works in any position
- Can be set to 1, 3, 6 or 12 month to provide small volumes of grease at regular intervals to reduce lubricant starvation machinery failures and preclude the entry of harmful contaminants.
- Simple to install and operate with a visual indicator to identify when discharge is complete.
- Colour coded activating screws for ease of use and simple identification: Yellow = Type 1, Green = Type 3, Red = Type 6 and Grey = Type 12.
- Contains 120 cc of lubricant
- Discharge pressure of 4 bar (~60PSI)
- Remote mounting to 600mm with 10mm ID line
- Contains no electrical components
- Temperature operating range - 0 to +40 degrees C (average ambient)
- Dimensions: length = 99mm and diameter = 59mm
- Can be custom filled with almost any grease (between NLGI 000 and 2) or oil
- Must be used in conjunction with oil throttle for oil filled units
- Can be combined with a range of custom fittings for bearing and chain installations.
Figure 1: Oil filled perma Classic mounted for chain lubrication